Don’t you just hate it when you can’t find the right wrapping paper; the bows and ribbons are all tangled together in the bottom of the bin and the tape dispenser is no where to be found? We sure do! Holiday gift-giving is supposed to be fun and bring everyone closer, but when the gift wrapping and tracking of wish lists and presents isn’t organized it can become a nightmare (before Christmas)!
This holiday season, we want to help you get organized so you can enjoy the holidays more and stress less! Here are some of our favorite gift wrapping stations; products to try in your home and some wonderful ways to keep track of your family and friends’ wish lists and gifts.
When you’re trying to organize your gift wrapping supplies, make sure the system you put in place works for you. For some that means keeping it really simple – maybe only needing a few bins on a shelf in a closet. For others there might be a need for an entire closet or room dedicated to gifts and gift wrapping. Most of us fall right in between, needing a cart, basket or bin for our supplies and products.
Try some of these organizing products to organize your gift wrapping supplies this year.
- The Elfa Gift Wrap Cart is a great product to keep all of your supplies neatly organized and the wheels allow you to easily roll it from one room of the house to another if you’d rather wrap gifts in front of the TV.
- The Elfa Gift Packaging Door Unit is a great solution if you don’t have the space for a big cart, but have room in a spare closet. There are so many ways you can customize the unit to make sure it holds all of your supplies.
- This Portable Hanging Gift Wrap Station is small enough to store in a spare closet, but allows you to store plenty of supplies.
- This Wrapping Paper Organizer from The Container Store allows you to take advantage of vertical space. It can hold up to 16 rolls of 30″ large-core gift wrap, or many more small-core rolls.
- There are so many kinds of ribbon organizers out there! Two of our favorite are the Holiday Ribbon Box and Bigso Ribbon Dispensing Box from The Container Store.
- Here’s a great Greeting Card Organizer that gives you space to label each category. You could label by occasion (Birthday, Christmas, Sympathy) or you could organize it by month for birthdays, anniversaries and holidays.
- This Wrap & Tote Organizer has a main compartment big enough to hold 30″ rolls of wrapping paper. There is a removable accordion divider that allows you to customize compartments within. There is also a pocket in the lid to store totes, tags, tissue, pens and spools of narrow ribbon.
- Don’t you just hate it when the wrapping paper comes undone? I do! That’s why I use these Neat Roll Fasteners, which help keep everything on the roll.
- The Container Store now has a “Gift Wrap Wonderland” and a specific section for Hanukkah! Stop by today to check out all of the amazing products to get you organized for this holiday season. They have some very fun wrapping paper!
Another aspect of organizing your gifts is tracking your holiday gift list. There are some fabulous apps out there that will help keep record of your family and friends’ wish lists and the gifts you have purchased for them. If you’re not tech-savy or you prefer having things written down in a notebook (there’s nothing wrong with that), make a holiday gift notebook where you can keep track of each family members’ wish list and check off the items as you buy them. Here are 8 Apps to Help Organize Your Holiday Gift Lists:
► Santa’s Bag
► Gift List Manager
And as always, don’t forget to stop by our Pinterest page to see more of our favorite holiday organizing tips and products!