Ladies and gents it’s time for spring cleaning! You know what that means. It’s time to get moving! Check back on your New Year’s resolutions and make sure that organizing hasn’t been left by the wayside. It’s not too late to get started!
Getting organized will help you become productive in many ways. Once you have your space organized you can spend more time doing the things you love rather than feeling bogged down by your stuff. You can also plan your time more efficiently instead of becoming distracted by the environment around you.
- Start with your calendar. After all, the year basically just began. At TLD we encourage clients and friends to consider using their digital calendars. The benefit of doing so is so that you have it with you all the time whether it be your phone or computer. You also can easily add or delete events without having to worry about crossing them out and creating a mess. If there are other family members in your life you can create shared calendars so you always know what’s going on and even invite friends and family to events that you’re both attending.
- Laundry. It might seem simple, but laundry can add up very quickly. Bite the bullet and clean your clothing and linens. You’ll immediately feel relieved to have it done, just make sure you fold it afterwards!
- Returns. Don’t let any holiday returns pass their return date! Most stores have a return period of 30-90 days with your receipt so make sure you make it a priority to exchange it for something you love instead of getting stuck with something that isn’t your style or isn’t the right size. If the return date has passed donate the unwanted item or re-gift it to someone within the next month.
- Pantry purge. Get your pantry in order by tossing any expired foods/foods that you know you won’t eat in the near future. Keep in mind that some food pantries will take expired food up to 3 months past its’ expiration date.
- Purge your junk mail. It’s so easy for old catalogs and coupons to add up. If you’re getting catalogs you’re no longer into download the app Paper Karma to instantly unsubscribe from future mailings. Once your junk is purged create categories such as your action items and paperwork to file.
- Ask the expert. Ready to get the show on the road, but feel like you don’t have the time or need some extra assistance? Schedule a consultation or come stop by The Little Details Studio at 2255 Massachusetts Avenue in Cambridge for some inspo.
Ready, set, get organized!