Are you organized?
Are you creative?
Do you enjoy helping others?
Do you pay attention to all the little details?
If you’re interested in joining our team, please fill out our online application here. Click the arrows below to see more detail and follow the instructions to complete your organizing project. We will contact applicants within 2 weeks of the application and project submissions if we are interested in scheduling an interview.
In order for us to get an idea of how you organize, your attention to detail, and your creativity, we ask that you submit the organizing project to us by following the instructions below. Find something that needs to be organized in your space. Examples: utility closet, under the bathroom sink cabinet, kitchen drawers Submission: Please submit your project in PDF format through the online application form. Photographs should be embedded in the PDF document for review.
In order for us to get an idea of how you organize, your attention to detail, and your creativity, we ask that you submit the organizing project to us by following the instructions below.
Find something that needs to be organized in your space.
Examples: utility closet, under the bathroom sink cabinet, kitchen drawers
Please submit your project in PDF format through the online application form. Photographs should be embedded in the PDF document for review.
Current Available Positions:
► Professional Organizer
Professional organizers help businesses and individuals gain more control over time and space. We help reduce stress and increase productivity for clients by providing information, ideas, structure and comprehensive organizational systems. We use tested principles and expertise to enhance the lives of our clients.
An organizing company can offer a range of services from designing an efficient closet to organizing a cross-country or international move. Some of the services we offer our clients are room-by-room space planning and reorganization, estate organization, improved management of paperwork and computer files, systems for managing personal finances and records, coaching in time management and goal setting. Some organizers work with specific populations such as those with Attention Deficit Disorder, the chronically disorganized, children, seniors or students.
This position is on an as-needed hourly basis and the person will be retained as an employee-at-will and required to sign and abide by the Employee Manual.
• Be organized
• Be detail-oriented
• Must have good communication skills
• Ability to act as a leader, as well as a team player
• Able to give and take direction
• Be compassionate, responsible and professional
• Demonstrate loyalty to owner and other team members
• Trustworthy and discrete to maintain confidentiality since we are privy to clients’ personal and confidential information
• Must possess high integrity demonstrated by keeping trade secrets, not soliciting clients or active prospects, and maintaining protection of copyrighted materials and trademarks
• Ability to ask the right questions to understand what a client wants and needs
• Ability to listen and infer what a client means
• Ability to customize organizational systems to meet clients needs
• Ability to teach and transfer basic organizing skills
• Ability to visualize spatially and see the big picture
• Ability to break goals down into manageable steps
• Ability to categorize and plan ahead
• Ability to use technology to support organizing efforts
• Physical endurance – ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, go up and down stairs, go up and down a ladder, and other physical activities involved in an organizing, packing and moving project
• Mental endurance – ability to consistently perform towards the upper range of your talent and skill regardless of difficult circumstances and remain confident and in control under pressure (stay focused on project and task at hand, keep clients engaged, help clients cope with difficult situations such as decision making, letting go of attachment to physical possessions, etc.)
• Friendly and professional phone and email communication as needed
Staff meetings are held every Monday.
Organizing hours are on an as-needed basis, typically Tuesday through Saturday from 9 am – 6 pm.
Employee Growth Opportunities
- Organizer in Training: During the initial 90 day probationary period, organizers work with leads and other trained organizers during client sessions in order to learn valuable skills on the job.
- Organizing Assistant: After the 90 day probationary period, organizers act as additional support on projects with the lead. Organizers are expected to suggest solutions and provide input, while following the lead’s direction and providing all necessary support.
- Organizing Consultant: Once an organizer has gained the skills necessary and has been fully trained on The Little Details’ systems and methods, they have the opportunity to work with clients on their own. Organizers are expected to create organizing solutions and systems, suggest appropriate products, and support the client’s needs during the project.
- Lead Organizing Consultant: Organizers acting as leads on a team project are the main contact for the client and the other team members. Organizers are expected to coordinate all extra support as needed (ex: moving companies, cleaning services, consignment and donation services). Other team members looks to the lead organizer for guidance and direction throughout the project.
- Flexible schedule opportunities
- Referral bonus when bringing in new clients
- Chance to help grow our company and an industry